2011/09/28

mapping a social network

27 September 2011 - 11-49

Next morning, very nice results from all my classmates - all with totally different materials, approaches, solutions...Just some words on my work: I chose to use an old keyboard as material, as it stands for me as the main way of interacting in a social network. We had to map different characteristics in our model, so i raised the keys one millimeter per friend i have beginning with a particular letter ( M won! ) The return key is raised by the number of status messages i posted since I started using facebook (green stands for 2009, yellow for 2010, pink for 2011)

Afterwards i have to say, i should have chosen different materials, as I was always afraid of trying out things ( i only had one keyboard to use ) I think a better approach is, just use stuff like toothpicks and do a lot of trials ( and errors! )  see the results of all of my classmates here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment